Wednesday 15 November 2006

History Lesson # 2

Some minor recent events in the Toose Hoose:

  • My oldest vintage beer experience - Coopers Extra Strong Vintage Ale 2000 - very solid, slight aniseed taste, heavy hops and flat as a tack (I think the suggested cellaring for these is about 18 months not 6 years). Still, it was sooooo tasty!

  • Installation of the wine cellar rack - Matt's Mum and David gave it to us as a housewarming present - it took a little persuasion with a mini sledge hammer to put together but it's built and installed.

  • Some serious gardening has taken place lately. Kate's Dad (Graham) and I attacked the lemon tree and obliterated a climbing rose that was attempting to take up permanent residence in our roof.

  • My latte art (check out my progress here) has improved over time under SamR's tutelage but the other day I poured my best yet:

No comments: