Monday 27 August 2007

New Tastes

The McDonald's 'Name It Burger' now has a name - 'The Backyard Burger'. I had one this arvo so I could park in the Macca's car park (and 'cos I wanted to try it). It's very tasty and I like the name.

I'm about to have dinner and try a new beer that I picked up in Leura on the weekend. We were up in Katoomba cooking on the Cumbo Uni Church weekend away. As we were there I felt it necessary to make a visit to one of the top beer selections in the Sydney metro area - Leura Cellars. The beer is made by Saltram's, a winery in the Barossa. It's called Pepper Jack Hand Crafted Ale and it has Pepperjack's Barossa Valley Shiraz in it. Should be interesting...

3 comments:

Guthers said...

was it interesting?
would you recommend it?

Mattt said...

Very interesting. Beautiful dark bronze colour. Strong with a slightly sweet taste. Try it if you can find it. Leura might be the only one.

Libby said...

Go WA! The woman who named the burger is from Mirrabooka! Not that far from us really.